Den of Antiquity
The Den of Antiquity was owned by J R Marshall and was located in Century House, Angwa Street, Salisbury. The business’ appears as early as 1978 but the Certificate of Registration was cancelled 31 January 1984.
They produced a number of commemorative covers similar in style to those produced by The African Fine Art & Books Co.
Salisbury Polio Clinic
A poliomyelitis clinic was established and operated by the Southern Rhodesian Branch of the British Red Cross. It was based in Salisbury on the grounds of the Infectious Diseases Hospital.
G H Addecott & Co Ltd
George H Addecott was a photographer based in Southern Rhodesia.
Shapiro’s Curios Store
Shaprio’s Curios Store was based in Livingstone. It was run by M Shapiro.
National War Fund of Southern Rhodesia
The National War Fund of Southern Rhodesia was established in February, 1940 to control wartime appearls. The fund was chaired by President Sir Evelyn Barring, Chairman Henry T Low, and Treasurer N F Shillington.
The fund established branches in Salisbury, Gwelo, Bulawayo, Umtali, Hartley, Shabani, Fort Victoria and Que Que.
1979 – National Tree Planting Day
- Date of Issue: 21st January, 1979
- Date Withdrawn:
- Date Invalidated:
- Designer: L Curtis
- Printer: House of Questa
- Process: Lithographed
- Watermark: Cockerels
- Perf: 13.5
- Booklet: N/A
First Day Covers