Established in 1948, the Rhodesian Study Circle brings together nearly 400 philatelists from around the world interested in the areas of Rhodesia, Northern Rhodesia, Southern Rhodesia, British Central Africa and Nyasaland, and the present day Republics of Malawi, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Join today for member’s benefits that include:
- Four issues of the award-winning Journal of the Rhodesian Study Circle.
- Expert written Memoirs.
- Access to a philatelic library
- Invites to regional meetings in Africa, Europe, North America, Oceania, and UK.
- Invites to Annual Conferences
- Exclusive Philatelic Competitions
- Exclusive Postal auctions, and
- Exchange packets (UK only).
Events in October and November, 2021:
- There are virtual meetings planned; all are welcome.
The Index for the Journal
- The Index for the Journal (Topic or Author) – from 1948 to 2020 (Vols. 1-283) is now available on this website.
Interesting, New and Updates:
- We are redeveloping the pages on this website concerned with the iconic Double Head Issue and have added sections on
- The 1d Rhodesia Double Head
- The Plating and Positioning of the 1d Double Head
- The Bi-coloured Values
- The 1924 Double Head ‘Remainders’ (CTO’s)
- Plans for the RSC 2022 Annual Conference
- The ENCYCLOPEADIA OF MALAWI STAMPS 1964– is now up and going. Great news! It is a work-in-progress.
- The ENCYLOPEADIA OF FEDERATION OF RHODESIA & NYASALAND POSTAGE STAMPS – 1954-1963 is now up and running. It is a work-in-progress.
- There have been a number of recent updates and additions and the listing is complete as of 2020 for the ENCYCLOPAEDIA OF RHODESIAN & ZIMBABWE STAMPS 1964 – 2020
- Memoir 30: The Postal History of the Paris Missionary Society in Barotseland 1884-1924 is now available.
- A new section for Postmarks
- A new section on Postal Routes
- Spink have a number of important Rhodesia & Nyasaland-related auctions in the next few months, including Arnie’s Admirals – Dr Arnold Brickman’s Rhodesia Admiral Collection will be in an eAuction by Sink starting on 14 October.
- A new section! Non philatelic items that may be of interest to the RSC membership and concern our areas of study.
- The 2020 and 2021 Livermore, Postcard and Single Sheet Virtual Competition entries and results may be viewed on the website.
- Corinphila have announced the the Rhodesia Besançon Collection (part II) will be offered in November, 2021.
- We have obtained copies (1898-1918) of the first 60 publications of News from Barotsi-land, a publication by the UK based support group of the Paris Missionary Society in Barotseland. These are gradually been copied and loaded onto the website. They are extremely rare and brittle and have been carefully copied for us.
- Rhodesian Philately to 1924: The British South Africa Company Period by Brian Totter, Colin Hoffman and Patrick Flanagan has just been published. This is a RPSL publication but members of the RSC are able to order it at a reduced rate. Details can be found in the September Journal (RSCJ 287) or through Contact Us.
- RSC Library: Due to the retirement of the current RSC Librarian, the complications encountered with the pandemic, it is not possible at the moment to gain access to the books in the library.
©2015-2021 Rhodesian Study Circle. All Rights Reserved.