Antenior Mine was registered on 2nd March, 1893 and opened in July, 1895 by The Mining and Lands Co Ltd. in half shares with Forbes Rhodesia Syndicate. It was worked by The Antenior (Matabele) Gold Mines Ltd in a half interest in July, 1896 and became owned by them in 1901.
The mine boasted a manager, Mr Gauille Brown, a secretary and mine captain, and twenty-five European employees.
When The Antenior (Matabele) Gold Mines Ltd went into voluntary liquidation in 1910, the property was taken over by W J Lane.
- 1895.07.00 – Mail service to mine by coach via Umlugulu to Bulawayo.
- 1899.10.01 – Postal Agency opened.
- 1903.09.14 – Mail service by coach to Gwanda then rail to Bulawayo.
- 1905.01.29 – Destroyed by fire and not re-opened. Postal Agency continued.
- 1905.03.31 – Closed.
- Gold Mines of the World (2nd Edition, 1902) – J H Curle
- Journal of the Rhodesian Study Circle No.45 – G.D.B. Williams
- Journal of the Rhodesian Study Circle No.46
- Mining Yearbook, 1911 – Walter R Skinner
- Postal History of Southern Rhodesia
- Rhodesiana, Volume 31