The Grand Hotel

The Grand Hotel

Salisbury

In 1911, the The Commercial Hotel was demolished and a new building was erected based on the designs of James Cope-Christie and Thomas Sladdin. The new building cost £11,000 and was re-opened in August 1914 as the Grand Hotel.

By 1950, the hotel’s facilities included 110 rooms, Grill Room, Banqueting Hall, Dining Hall (seating 200 people), and 28 Lock-up Garages. In 1963 it was sold by J W Nash.

References

Contributors
  • James Gavin

FB