The Evangelical Alliance Mission: Evangelical Bible School
The Evangelical Alliance Mission
Evangelical Bible School
The Evangelical Alliance Mission (T.E.A.M.) has a long history of training church leaders in the Zambezi Valley, Southern Rhodesia (Zimbabwe), beginning 1953 at Mavhuradonha Mission. Two years later, training was moved to Kapfunde Mission. A school was completed in 1955, consisting of a classroom and ten thatched huts to house families of the students. Instruction became co-educational in 1956. A certificate in Theology, a three-year secondary level program, was begun in 1987, along with a post-secondary level three-year diploma in Theology.
The school continued to grow to where a new facility was needed and was relocated to Sinoia (Chinhoyi) in 1969, where it became known as the Evangelical Bible School (college). The new school was constructed at a cost of £36,000, with most of the funds coming from the United States of America. Desiring to be closer to a larger base of potential students, the Evangelical Bible School/College relocated to Harare in 1991, to become the present Harare Theological College (HTC).
- Rhodesian Commentary, Volume 1
- Harare Theological College
- Mark Loomis