The Commercial Hotel

The Commercial Hotel

Salisbury

The Commercial Hotel is considered to be the first building constructed on First Street, Salisbury. The first proprietor was E E Homan, who later sold it to a consortium with Harry Sanderson in 1902.

After the death of Sanderson in 1911, the original building was demolished and a new building was erected in 1914. The new building became the Grand Hotel.

Postcards

References

  • Urban Evolution Harare – A Photographic History – Jonathan Waters

FB