Tassilo Burger, a master watchmaker who had settled in Rhodesia in 1957. In 1967 he began operating Tassburg above some shops on the first floor of a building in Magaba Shopping Centre. His decision to diversify into manufacturing was based on his vision that, following the isolation of the country, such an industry would be a vital contributor for growth.
The initial production was wood screws and in 1969 the plant was relocated to Greenock Road. In 1974 the existing factory where the fastener plant is currently based was built and the range of products was expanded dramatically. In the late 70s Tassburg made significant inroads into the South African fastener market and enjoyed an enviable reputation for the quality of product it manufactured.
In 1984 Tassilo Burger again identified the need to manufacture High Tensile Bolts and nuts to supply the building, mining and agricultural industries in Zimbabwe.
In 2008 the manufacturing operations of Tassburg were sold to the Zimplow Group.