Seventh-Day Adventist Church: Mwami Mission Station
Seventh-Day Adventist Church
Mwami Mission Station
The Mwami Mission Station was purchased by the Seventh-Day Adventists in 1925. Located 30km southeast of Chipata in the Eastern Province of Zambia and just 8km west of the Malawi-Zambia border, the mission was created to serve the people across that region. In 1927, a hospital with established at the station.
In 1962, the Mwami School of Nursing was established. It continues to operate today, training both young men and women to serve as qualified Zambian Enrolled Nurses across the country. An eye surgery centre at the mission saw its first patients in 1985, a service that is still provided to the community.
- Mwami Hospital
- Mwami School of Nursing