Seventh-Day Adventist Church: Lower Gwelo Mission
Seventh-Day Adventist Church
Lower Gwelo Mission
In 1923, the Somabula Mission moved and became the Lower Gwelo Mission. “The station changed from a mission farm, which also operated a primary school, to become a government- approved teacher-training institute in 1929. To meet the need for higher academic training, a secondary-school training program was started in 1948.” And in 1952, Solusi Mission’s teacher-training college was moved to Lower Gwelo. The teacher-training program was later returned to Solusi to become part of Solusi’s department of education.
Lower Gwelo is presently the site of the Lower Gwelo (Gweru) Adventist Secondary School, a co-educational boarding school, and Lower Gwelo Adventist Clinic.
- Origin and History of Seventh-day Adventists, Vol. Four – Arthur Whitefield Spalding
- Chronology of Seventh-day Adventist Education 1872-1972 – Watson J. Brown
- Mark Loomis