The Selborne Hotel was originally built in the 1930’s on Selborne Ave, Bulawayo and is one of the oldest hotels still in business.
The hotel takes it name from Lord Selborne, High Commissioner of South Africa. Selborne visited Bulawayo in 1906, and in the following year the Selborne Memorandum was published, advocating integration of Rhodesia into a British-led South Africa. What had been Seventh Avenue was changed to Selborne for the occasion.
Recently it has been restored to it’s former glory and continues to provide accommodation for visitors.