Royal Automobile Club of South Africa

Royal Automobile Club of South Africa

The Royal Automobile Club of South Africa (RACSA) was established on 23rd October, 1901 in Cape Town, South Africa. After that several other bodies began to spring up around the country.

In 1911, after the visit of the Duke of Connaught to open the first Union parliament, the original Cape Town based Automobile Club of SA received a royal charter and became known as the Royal Automobile Club of South Africa.

On 29th November, 1965, RACSA was taken over by the Automobile Association of South Africa.

Contributors
  • James Gavin