- Publications Available for Purchase from the RSC – August 2006
- South of the Zambesi by Hal Hoyte and Jane Lashbrook £20.00 incl. p+p
- The Nyasaland Field Force by A.R. Drysdall £15.00 incl p+p
- First Bulawayo Provisionals by E.K. Wright and C.M. Hoffman £4.00 incl. p+p
- Second Bulawayo Provisionals by C.M. Hoffman £5.50 incl. p + p.
- Mashonaland – A Postal History 1890-96 by A.R. Drysdall and D. Collis (Price £28.00 inland, £29.00 overseas) incl. p + p.
- The Postmarks of Nyasaland and Malawi (inc. British Central Africa) (second edition) by A. Banks and N. Roberts. Ring binder 51 pages. Price £17.00 inc. p +p.
- The Oates Correspondence (A Postal History of Frank Oates Travels in Matabeleland and Zambesia 1873- 75) by E.K. Wright and A. Drysdall. Price £6.50 incl. p + p.
- The Postal History of Northern Rhodesia (Proud) Price £35.00 p + p £3 inland £4 overseas
- The Postal History of Southern Rhodesia (Proud) Price £50.00 p + p £5.50 inland £6.50 overseas
- The Postal History of Nyasaland (Proud) Price £35.00 p + p £3.00 inland £4 overseas
- The History of the Northern Rhodesia Police by Tim Wright Price £20 incl. p + p inland (add £4 overseas)
- The London Philatelist (March 2003 no. 1303) —Northern Rhodesia’s First Postage & Revenue Stamps by Alan Drysdall (Out of Print)
- The London Philatelist (September 2007, No 1348) – The King George V Silver Jubilee issue and the case of Northern Rhodesia; by Alan Drysdall, (price, for each, £2.25 inc. p&p inland, overseas add 75p).
- The London Philatelist (April 2008, No 1354) – The 1937 King George VI Coronation issue and the case of Northern Rhodesia, by Alan Drysdall, (price, for each, £2.25 inc. p&p inland, overseas add 75p).
To order publications contact Brian Coop
The Parts so far available, and listed below, give members a guide as to the literature which has been published for the respective territories, and are free to members on request.
- Part I Rhodesia: The British South Africa Company 1890 – 1924. (1.00 p & p)
- Part II Southern Rhodesia to Zimbabwe 1924 – 1998. (1.00 p & p)
- Part III Northern Rhodesia to Zambia 1924 – 1996. (1.00 p & p)
- Northern Rhodesia Postal History – Section S (F1 .00 p & p)
- Part IV B.C.A. and Nyasaland to Malawi 1890 – 1996. (f1.00 p & p)
- Part V Rhodesian Study Circle Journal Cumulative Index 1970-1994. (1.00 p & p)
An A4 size Binder, 4 D ring, in white wipe-clean P.V.C. and specially printed on the spine in black are the words “Rhodesian Study Circle Handbook”. The front has an open encapsulation holding a printed gloss sheet which gives details of the five Parts produced. Prices, including postage and packing, U.K. £6.00. Europe and elsewhere £7.50.
Memoirs are for sale at prices indicated as shown in the Pulications section under Memoirs and are to be considered as part of the Handbook. Some of the earlier Memoirs are now out of print.
The following articles reproduced from the Journal are to be considered as parts of the Handbook.
- B.S.A. Company Stamp Printers (Ex RSCJ 115) £3.00
- 1917 Provisionals (C.M Hoffman) (RSCJ 118) £5.00
- First Bulawayo Provisionals (RSCJ Nos. 120, 121, 124) £8.00
- Large Arms Design (RSCJ 132) £3.00
- Puzey Correspondence (deals with Rhodesia’s first stamps) (RSCJ 150) £4.00
- Double Head Roulettes (RSCJ 112) £2.00
- Shade Groups of the 1/2d. Double Head R.J. Looker. (RSCJ 126) £2.00
- The Colours of the 2d. Double Head (RSC DH Committee RSCJ 133) £2.00
- The Colours of the 3d. Double Head (RSC DII Committee RSCJ 126) £1.50
- The Colours of the 4d. Double Head (RSCJ DH Committee £2.00
- The Colours of the 2/6d. Double Head (RSC DH Committee RSCJ 134) £2.00
- The Connection between Head Colours and Double Head Stamps (D. Zaayer) £2.50
- Postmarks to 1924 (O’Connell Millenium update) £2.50
- Cancellations on the 1905 Falls Issue (C.W.R. Wheatley) £1.00
- Plating the 5d 1905 Victoria Falls Issue (C.W.R. Wheatley) .50p
- Separating the Single Colour Admirals (G.H. Simpson) .50p
- The Controversial 8d of the Admiral Series (A,Deal) £1.00
- The 1917 Livingstone Provisionals (W.G. Nodder) .50p
- Small Arms Issue, Perforation Errors/Varieties (G. Strehmel) £4.00
- Early Rhodesian Revenues (JR. Strong) £1.00
- B.S.A. Co. “Remainder Cancellations” (W.G. Nodder) £1.00
- Censor Marks of World War II (W.G. Nodder) £2.50
- S.R. 1943 Matabeleland 2d Commem. Issue (Kaplan & Hamilton) £1.50
- Notes on the KGVI Stamps of Northern Rhodesia (R. Pearce) £1.00
- The Railways of Rhodesia and Nyasaland and the Nyasaland T.P.O. (Lovejoy) £1.00
- Postal Notice No. I of 1919: Mail Routes (NR.) £1.00
- Mail Route Chart of Nyasaland .20p
- Index to Dann’s Romance (Books of Zimbabwe reprint) .50p
- Airgraph Service K. Harrop, Airways Letter Service of C.A.A. C. Cooksey. (RSCJ 122) £2.00
- Post Offices of Rhodesia & Zimbabwe 1924-1999 (DA Byrom) £5.00
BACK ISSUES RSCJ
1982-1986 (inc) £2.00 each; 1987 to date (4.00 each) or £8.00 per volume (i.e.. per complete year except No. 154 which is out of print)
|Volume / Number||Issue No.|
Postage and Packing: (2nd Class – Inland, Surface Mail – Abroad). Orders up to £2 add 5Op; Orders £2 to £5 add £1.50; Orders £5 to £10 add £2.00; Orders £10 to £35 add £4.00; Orders over £40 post free. Airmail requests will attract extra costs which can be charged to Visa on orders over £25. This list supersedes all earlier lists.
Orders, with remittance, to Brian Coop – Cheques payable to Rhodesian Study Circle.