Papiere AG was a group of photo paper manufacturers from Dresden that was formed in 1874.
Around 1926-27 the ERGO trademark was registered. In 1932 the factory was sold to Voigtlaender and in 1935 it became part of the group, Voigtlaender-Gevaert Ltd. The factory buildings were almost completely destroyed during World War II. They were partly built up again, but closed down in the early 1950’s.