- Each entry must be the bona fide property of the member written up and prepared by the owner.
- The first sheet should be an introduction to the exhibit but may include philatelic material.
- A member may enter up to two entries.
- The entry shall consist of 16 sheets or a lesser number of larger sheets equivalent to 16 standard sheets.
- The size of each sheet, including its protective cover, shall not exceed 295mm high x 245mm wide. Larger sheets will be accepted but they must be in multiples of the standard size. The multiples chosen must be compatible with display of a four by four single sheet arrangement.
- Each sheet of the entry must be numbered on the back to indicate where the sheet must be positioned for judging and display
- No competitor having won the Livermore Trophy may enter the same exhibit until three years have elapsed.
- Judge(s) will be appointed by the Chairman of the Awards Sub-committee. One or two judges may be appointed.
- If the judge(s) is a member of the Rhodesian Study Circle, he/she will be excluded from entering an exhibit but may enter for display only.
- The judge(s) shall be requested to provide brief remarks in respect of each entry if possible in writing.
- Judging will be based on a pre-determined set of criteria with a maximum number of marks for each section as follows:
- Treatment and approach 50
- Knowledge and research including personal research 35
- Scarcity and condition 15