Harris Bros. & Co

Harris Bros. & Co

Bulawayo

In 1920, C. Harris & Co., which was later renamed Harris Bros. & Co., was established in Bulawayo. One it their most famous products was the Red Seal brand.Red Seal was first used in 1925.

In 1956, Harris Bros. & Co. was purchased by the Rhodesian Milling and Manufacturing Co.,Ltd. However, the Red Seal brand was taken over by the Harris Maize Milling and Produce Company, a company founded the same year by three sons of C. Harris, the founder of Harris Bros. & Co.

In 1964 Harris Maize Milling and Produce Company merged with J. Palte & Co. to form Palte Harris. In 1970 Palte Harris went public as Palte Harris Industrial Holdings, and then in 1975 the Rhodesian Milling and Manufacturing Company merged with Palte Harris to form National Foods.

Red Seal is now owned by INNSCOR Africa Limited under National Foods.

Reference

Connect with us!