Lower Gwelo District
Gothic Mine is named after Gothic Farm about half a mile from the west bank of Gwelo river. The mine was first pegged in 1898 by the Consolidated Exploration and Development (Rhodesia) Co. A period of development followed and by 1902 it was decided that sufficient work had to amalgamate with the adjoining Pagamesa Claims.
Milling ceased at Gothic Mine in 1910 and a development option was taken on the property by Mashonaland Agency Ltd.
Around 1978/79 the mine was reopened by a South African industrial development corporation.
Mail service was by runner to Gwelo via Shamrock Mine.
- 1912.08.22 – Postal Agency opened.
- 1931.05.22 – Closed.
- Postal History of Southern Rhodesia
- Southern Rhodesia Geological Survey, 1946