The north-eastern and north-western provinces of Rhodesia, previously administered by the British South Africa Company, became a Crown Colony on 1st April, 1924.
The current stamps of Rhodesia (the ‘Admiral’ design first issued in 1913) remained in use until 31st March, 1925 and continued to be valid for postal purposes until 30th September, 1925.
The last postage stamps of Northern Rhodesia were withdrawn on 23rd October, 1963 when the territory attained independence as the Republic of Zambia.
- 1953.09.15 – QEII Definitive Series
- 1953.06.02 – Coronation
- 1953.05.30 – Rhodes’ Centenary
- 1953.05.30 – Central African Rhodes Centenary Exhibition
- 1951.12.01 – George VI Definitive (New Colours) 2nd Release
- 1951.11.15 – George VI Definitive (New Colours)