East African Airways Corporation

East African Airways Corporation

East African Airways was set up 1 June 1946 and was a partnership between the territories of Kenya, Tanganyika, Uganda, and Zanzibar, and the British Overseas Airways Corporation (B.O.A.C.). For the next 18 years, the airline was owned by the colonial governments, with operational assistance from B.O.A.C. 

The airline was headquartered in the Sadler House in Nairobi, Kenya. The corporation was dissolved in 1977 amid deteriorated relations among the three countries.

Events