Marshall Hole Currency Cards
Type II – Administrator’s Office, Bulawayo
Type II has no full stop after Bulawayo in The Civil Commissioner, Bulawayo line. It bears the cachet Administrator’s Office/Bulawayo.
The Company of Mary
Series A – Vicariat Apostolique du Shire
|No.s||Description||Earliest PMK Date
|N/A||Facade de l'Eglise du Nzama||
|N/A||Faune du pays||
|N/A||Gentleman de la brousse||
|N/A||Groupe de Chretiens de la Mission du Nzama||
|N/A||Lion a la porte de son piege||
|N/A||Mgr L. Auneau - Vicariat du Shiré||
|N/A||Mission d'Utale - Mainson des Peres||
|N/A||Porteuses de bois||
|N/A||Types du pays||
|N/A||Vieillards, Chefs Angonis||
Departments of Posts and Telegraphs
Notice No.4 of 1900
9th April, 1900
Reduction of Postage Rates to and from North-Eastern Rhodesia.
It is hereby notified for public information that on and after May 1, 1900, the Letter rate of postage between Southern Rhodesia and North-Eastern Rhodesia and vice versa will be reduced to Twopence per half ounce or fraction thereof. From the same date the rate of Letter postage from North-Eastern Rhodesia to the United Kingdom and places overseas will be reduced to Fourpence per half ounce or fraction thereof.
G. H. Eyre, Postmaster-General
General Post Office, Salisbury
1924 Empire Exhibition – Series 2
|No.s||Description||Earliest Postmark Date
|1||Southern Rhodesia. Small-Workers Mine Plant||
|2||Southern Rhodesia. Grave of Mr. Cecil John Rhodes. Matopo Hills.||
|3||Southern Rhodesia. Dipping Cattle.||
|4||Southern Rhodesia. Native Labourers Bagging Maize.||
|5||Southern Rhodesia. Aerial photograph of Victoria Falls.||
|6||Southern Rhodesia. View of Victoria Falls from railway bridge over Gorge.||
2016 – News & Updates
- New Events added for:
- Lions International
- Craven Week
- Golden Jubilee of Parliament
- New proof added to GVI Definitives (SR) – 1/6d 31522/23
- Southern Rhodesia George VI Presentation pieces added.
- Rhodesia Pre-Production & Presentation pieces added to Mardon Printers
- Air Rhodesia & First Boeing flights added
- All issues for Rhodesia from 1970-1978 added.
- Edward VIII Southern Rhodesia Definitives added (Unproduced)
- 10th Anniversary of Federation added (Unproduced)
- Last day of Gwaai PO added.
- Page for GSM for BSAC 1909 overprint article.
- EBS Mercer added to Postcard (more images to come)
- Work has begun on cleaning up the Printers section:
- Double Heads
- George VI Definitive (SR)
- Images added for S C Turner postcards (Series 1 & 2)
- 1947 & 1953 Royal Visit added (more to come).
- Added S C Turner postcards (contribution by Andrew Wilkie).
- Added new printer samples for Order 20268 & 141704
- Added Nyasaland 1d 1947 Leopard issue including new material from Spinks.
- Added Victoria Falls Display by Otto Peetoom.
- Updated Southern Rhodesia 1940 Jubilee issue, including new plate proof.
- New postcard added to Preece & MaCKenzie
- Added various Rhodesian study groups.
- Added Livingstone Tourist Centre cinderella.
- Membership forms have been simplified.
- Record winning sales for Oct Spink Philatelic Collectors Series Sales added.
- Argus Printing and Publishing Co Ltd postcards added – contribution by Andrew Wilkie.
- Preece & MacKenzie/Preece and Harrison postcards added – contribution by Andrew Wilkie.
- Rusitu Mission Station added (contribution by Mark Loomis).
- FDC series added to London Assurance.
- Waterlow & Sons Ltd printing order 82815 added. New material added to 132660
- T M Miller/Miller Maskew added – contribution by Andrew Wilkie. More photos to come.
- STAMPEX Spring 2017 added
- 2017 Single Sheet, Post Card and Livermore competitions added.
- Free Methodist Church – Lundi and Central Africa Mission – Hippo Valley added with contributions by Mark Loomis.
- Corrections to Clark’s Curios data by Andrew Wilkie.
- Most stamp issues of Malawi and Zambia until 1975 have now been loaded onto the website. Rhodesia is next.
- Rhodesian Philatelist and Southern Africa Philately issues added.
- Orange Free State Study Circle added.
- RSC 2017 Annual Conference page added.
- SAPDAPEX 2016 information added.
- Malawi stamp issues from 1964-1969 added.
- Nyasaland stamp issues from 1960-1969 added.
- Beginning work on issues from 1971 onwards.
- Added quite a few airmails and galleries of covers for 1931 Xmas mail, 1932 London – Cape Town flights, First flights to Singapore, Calcutta, Hong Kong, Australia & NZ.
- More printing orders added for Waterlow and Sons.
- Began loading up listings of the back issues for the RSC Journal. 1948-1956 completed. 1960-1962 completed.
- International Exhibitions and RSC award winners have been added for 1948-1962 (more to come).
- Hobart Stamp Exhibition added.
- Corbitts Stamp Auction added.
- Spinks Philatelic Collector Series added.
- Back issues can now be ordered online.
- Added advertising pages for H H Henwood & Co, Lusaka and District Publicity Association, A J Storey and Osman Adam.
- Add A J Storey postcards, Turk Mine, Lonely Mine, Zambesi Mission and a couple of mission ‘people’, some events and more advertising covers!
- Added postmarks & post offices beginning with mines.
- Proof material added for:
- Southern Rhodesia George VI Definitives.
- BSAC Arms
- BSAC Double Heads
- Rhodesia & Nyasaland QEII series.
- Rhodesia & Nyasaland 1960’s issues uploaded.
- Annual Conference moved to Previous Conferences. Added Annual Conference 2017
- Melbourne Exhibition 2017 added.
- STAMPEX Autumn 2016 added.
- Updated Southern Rhodesia BSAC issue with new printer’s samples and errors.
- Adding Events through history.
- Added old Auctions for Robson Lowe and Sothebys.
- Added Out of Print Publications.
An update to the Template used by the website has limited the original design. Currently working on restoring full design including Header.
- The Graham M Cooper Collection of George VI Issues added.
- June issue of Rhodesian Study Circle journal posted.
- Moved Royal Tours into Events to reduce size of the main menu.
- Added BSAC and BCA pages.
- 1897 Arms Issues and 1905 Victoria Falls added.
- 1946 Victory issues added.
- Updated details for 2016 Annual Conference
- Advertisers widget added: SPINK and John & Mark Taylor added.
- Work on WWII Victory Issues begun.
- Famous Rhodesians Issue 1 – 9 completed..
- Photos added to Member’s Section.
- Updates to Member Meetings for April – June 2016.
- Added EVENTS to Explore categories.
- 1980 Independence Election added (Zimbabwe)
- Independence issues for Zambia, Malawi and Rhodesia added.
- Printers added – Waterlow & Sons Ltd. Containing proofs, dies, etc.
- BSAC Golden Jubilee added.
- 1935 Silver Jubilee – Southern Rhodesia.
- Adding some posts on Telecommunications issues for Zambia, Southern Rhodesia & Rhodesia including UPU, ITU, Post and Telecoms.
- March RSC Journal added.
- Top Links added to Home to allow easy access to important topics.
- Globe and Phoenix, Penhalonga, Mufulira and Roan Antelope Copper mines added.
- Jumbo Mine added.
- Updated Members main page to include pics from social gatherings across the world.
- Started the first ‘catalogue’ listings for Zambia, Rhodesia & Nyasaland, Southern and Northern Rhodesia, and Rhodesia.
- We have begun migrating content from our old forum into the website. Please expect some ad-hoc information being added.
- Allenwest, Ambassador Hotel, William Bain & Co, South African Tourist Corporation, Kodak, Matabeleland Farmers Co Op, Caltex, London Assurance and South African Canvas Co. added.
- A F Philips & Co added.
- Work has begun on Clark’s Curios/P M Percy and Victor Percy.
- Payne’s Studios Ltd added to Postcards
- Lennon Limited, Smart & Copley, Ellis Allen Ltd and Silver Studio’s added under Postcards/Advertising.
- Postmark section added.
- Post Offices section added.
- Single sheet competition closed for 23.01.2016
- Online subscriptions and online payments now accepted. Order and pay in only two steps with PAYPAL!
- Work has begun on new areas of collecting including: Advertising Covers, Airmails, Missions, Royal Tours.
- Work completed on RANA first flight covers between Salisbury>Umtali>Blantyre>Beira.
- Worked completed on Imperial Airways Ltd with 1932 Cape Town to London flights added.
- British United Airways added.
- BSAC Display taken offline as author is updating content.
- Dealers listing added.
- RSC Journals 2011-2010 have been uploaded. 2010 is the last year to be updated.
- Memoir pages added and updated.
- Other Publications pricing has been updated.
Feeder Service to Madagascar 1934
Imperial Airways Ltd/les Services Aeriens de Madagascar
Broken Hill to Tananarive
Broken Hill to Tete
Empire Air Mail Scheme 1938 – Stage 3
Australasia & New Zealand
The Empire Air Mail Scheme (EAMS) provided regular connections between the countries of the British Empire at the very low postal rate of 1½d per half oz. As this was an all-up service, an air mail label was not needed.
On the 26th July, 1938, the third stage of the scheme extended to Australia and New Zealand. Mail left Salisbury 28th July, 1938. Flown by Rhodesia and Nyasaland Airways (R.A.N.A.) to Beira, then by Imperial Airways to Alexandria by the Durban-Southampton flying boat service, then to Townsville on the Imperial Airways England-Australia service, and finally to Rabaul by WR Carpenter Airlines.
Salisbury to New Zealand
Salisbury to Papua