In 1979 the Zambia National Tourist Bureau changed it’s name to the Zambia National Tourist Board and became an autonomous statutory board that implemented all policies on behalf of the Zambian Government.
The successful campaigns of Zambia in the Sun was changed to Zambia the Real Africa.
After Zambia’s independence in 1964, the Government-owned Industrial Development Corporation of Zambia (INDECO) set about to organise and manage State investments either as wholly-owned subsidiaries or as companies established on a joint venture basis with major equity held by the Zambian Government. Dunlop Zambia Ltd was one of these projects that fell under INDECO.
The K3-8 million Dunlop Zambia tyre factory in Ndola was officially opened by President Kaunda on April 26, 1969. Dunlop ceased production at their Ndola plant in Zambia in 1997, before ditching the local market in view of the poor economic environment during a period, which made the manufacturing industry less viable.
In 1966, Zambia Red Cross Society (ZRCS) was created by an Act of Parliament. The Society was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross in the same year.
In 1967 ZRCS joined the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (formerly League of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies) thereby becoming part of the International Red Cross Movement. Over the years, the Society has steadily grown and formed branches in all the ten provinces of Zambia.
The mandate of ZRCS is to complement Government’s effort in alleviating all forms of human suffering through well coordinated.
Since its creation in 1863, the International Committee of the Red Cross’ sole objective has been to ensure protection and assistance for victims of armed conflict and strife. It does so through its direct action around the world, as well as by encouraging the development of international humanitarian law (IHL) and promoting respect for it by governments and all weapon bearers. Its story is about the development of humanitarian action, the Geneva Conventions and the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
Within central Africa, the first branches were established through the British Red Cross Society, a society formed in 1870.