Vubachikwe Mine

Vubachikwe Mine

Gwanda

Vubachikwe Mine is located in the province of Matabeleland SouthZimbabwe. It is located about 8 km north-west of Gwanda. Vubachikwe and Blanket Mines form part of the Sabiwa group of mines. A village with the same name acts as the residential and commercial centre for the employees of the Vubachikwe gold mine.

In 2012 Duration Gold, owned by Clarity Capital and owners of the Vubachikwe Mine refused to take part in the Gwanda Community Share Ownership Trust launched by President Robert Mugabe. As part of the refusal, there was a move for the company’s licence to be cancelled.

References

Rhozambia Mines Ltd

Rhozambia Mines Ltd

 

Rhozambia Mines Ltd was registered in 1923. In 1934 it changed it’s name to Southern Rhodesia Goldfields Ltd.

References

  • Register of Defunct Companies
Contributors
  • James Gavin

The Beatrice (Rhodesia) Company Ltd

The Beatrice (Rhodesia) Company Ltd

 

The Beatrice Mine was originally floated by the Beatrice (Rhodesia) Company, Limited, in 1899. The mine was named after the sister of Henry Borrow (after which Borrowdale was named), Beatrice Borrow. The company had an authorised capital of £200,000, of which £60,000 was issued for working capital. A certain amount of development work was done, and a ten-stamp mill, cyanide works, and other plants were erected.

The company milled 22,137 tons of ore, and won gold to the value of £99,235. However, owing to financial difficulties, the company let the property to tributors. The tributors, without effecting any development work, treated 35,893 tons from the mine, which gave £73,006 in gold, or 40s. 8d. per ton. Altogether there were crushed 58,030 tons of ore, yielding gold to the value of £172,241, or an average of 59s. 4d. per ton. After letting to the tributors, the company went into liquidation in 1908, the concern afterwards passing into private ownership. 

In 1910, The General Mining and Finance Corporation (South Africa) acquired three-fourths interest in the Beatrice Mine in the Hartley District, with the option to purchase the remaining one-fourth.

Share Certificates

References

  • London Mainly About People newspaper, 5th March, 1910
  • Register of Defunct Companies

Mining Commissioner’s Office: Form 22 – 970

Mining Commissioner’s Office

Form 22 – 970

Details

  • Date of Issue: 1911
  • Reqn.: 970
  • Printer: 
  • Quantity: 20,000

Mining Commissioner’s Office: Form 22 – 494

Mining Commissioner’s Office

Form 22 – 494

Details

  • Date of Issue: December, 1904
  • Reqn.: 494
  • Printer: 
  • Quantity: 5,000

Mining Commissioner’s Office: Inspection Certificate – 2234

Mining Commissioner’s Office

Inspection Certificate – 2234

Details

  • Date of Issue: 28th April, 1936
  • Reqn.: 2234
  • Printer: 
  • Quantity: 150 Booklets

Mining Commissioner’s Office: Form 17 – 1518

Mining Commissioner’s Office

Form 17 – 1518

Details

  • Date of Issue: 17th July, 1935
  • Reqn.: 1518
  • Printer: 
  • Quantity: 100B
1 2 3 5