Our 32nd Annual Conference and Annual General Meeting is scheduled to be held at Nailcote Hall, Warwickshire once again. This will be the weekend before London 2020.
If you have any questions, please Contact Us.
A number of limited rooms have been made available for Thursday (20 rooms) and Friday & Saturday (45 rooms). These will be available at a discounted rated and MUST be booked through the RSC and is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Bed and breakfast rates are as follows:
- £99 per night for single occupancy.
- £109 per night for double occupancy.
The Rhodesian Study Circle can assist in setting up the reservation.
The Dealer’s bourse will be based at Nailcote Hall outside the conference room. Six dealers have confirmed that they will be attending.
- 09:00-17:30 – Friday
- 09:00-13:00 – Saturday/Sunday
Our auctioneer, Huw Williams, will be conducting the auction at the Conference.
He is seeking material from members; they are to be with him or advised to him by 20 February, 2020. A list of the items will be circulated beforehand to those members attending the Conference.
Presentation and Displays
Presentations and displays are the heart-beat of the Conference. We again encourage electronic media (PowerPoint) be used for presentations where possible and where the subject is appropriate. Of course frames will be available for those who choose to display material.
A number of displays and presentations have already been offered. These include:
- The RSC Website
- History through the prism of stamps, postal history and postal services
- The propaganda air letters of Rhodesia 1964 to 1978
- A new approach to exhibiting
- The Encyclopaedia of Zimbabwe stamps
- Air letters of Central Africa (RSC website)
- Double Head revenue usage
If you are interested in delivering a presentation or a display, please contact us.
These have been a feature of our Conferences for a number of years. Members are not limited as to how many entries they have in each section. Members not attending, may submit scanned entries for these competitions.
All intending to enter (except for the Single Sheet Competition) should advise us of their entries so that we can prepare frames and allow appropriate Jurors to be selected and we shall advise attendees of the exhibits and exhibitors ahead of Conference.
Thus we will have:
Please check the links above for the changes to rules. Instead of making up our own rules, we shall use the well tested exhibiting guidelines used by the ABPS (Association of British Philatelic Societies) for our competitions.
We shall maintain the appropriate informality at the same time, hopefully broadening the scope and interest in the competitions. The competitive exhibits will still be shown and judged on the Saturday, probably in a different time slot. The results of the competition will be announced at the Saturday evening dinner.
In recent years, some members have arrived on the Thursday prior to the official start and some on the Friday morning. In the last two years, a few informal workshops have taken place during this time. We will advise members if such gatherings are happening. The opportunity to dine locally with a block booking will be provided. For, 2020, already 20 members have indicated an arrival on Thursday.
The programme below will be updated as more details are confirmed.
Friday 24 April
- In the Morning – Setting up of the Venue. Dealers may start trading.
- 12:00 – 14:00 Council meeting (Board Room)
- 14:30 – 15:00 Annual General Meeting (Lant Suite)
- 15:00 – 15:15 Official opening
- 15:15 – 17:00 PowerPoint presentations (Lant Suite)
- 17:00 – 19:15 Wine tasting and group photograph
- 19:30 – Dinner
Saturday 25 April
- 09:00 – 11:00 Presentations (Lant Suite)
- 11:00 – 11:30 Coffee/tea break
- 11:30 – 12:30 Competitions put up and spoken to (Lant Suite)
- 12:30 – 13:45 Lunch and judging of entries
- 14:00 – 17:00 Presentations (Lant Suite)
- 19:00 – 19:30 Drinks
- 19:30 – Conference Dinner (Lant Suite)
Sunday 26 April
- 09:00 – 12:30 Short presentations (Lant Suite)
- 1230 – End of Conference
(Some members will stay for an informal lunch. It would be greatly appreciated if members assisted in the dismantling of frames etc.)