The Bulawayo Club was founded in 1895. Three buildings existed prior to the current day building. In 1935, the current building was erected: the foundation stone was laid the Prince George during his 1934 Royal Tour.
Like other similar establishments in other ex-colonies, the Club was established as a social hub for officers of the armed forces and other gentlemen. Ladies were allowed in once or twice a year on special occasions, provided they enter through the side door.
In 2009 the Bulawayo Club was converted into a hotel with efforts to restore it to its past glory. Then, in about 2012, the members unexpectedly took management of the property back.
- James Gavin