Beatrice is a village named after the Beatrice gold mine, around which it grew. The mine was in operation from 1895 to 1945 and was named after Beatrice Borrow, the sister of Lieutenant Henry J. Borrow, a member of the Pioneer Column.
European settlers also established Beatrice Farm, a large ranch that may have been populated with cattle which they had looted from the Ndebele.
- 1901.00.00 – Opened as a telegraph office.
- 1905.03.31 – Telegraph office closed.
- 1911.10.11 – Renamed Beatrice Mine.
- 1953.00.00 – New post office building opened and name reverted to Beatrice.
|Type||Size||Earliest Date||Latest Date||Notes|