American Philatelic Society
Founded in 1886, the American Philatelic Society (APS) is the largest, non-profit organization for stamp collectors in the world. With nearly 32,000 members in more than 110 countries, it serves its members with a wide variety of programs and services, including educators, postal historians, and the general public.
The Society is entirely supported by membership dues, gifts, and the sale of publications, souvenirs, and services.
- Promote stamp collecting for people of all ages
- Offer services to its membership and to philately in general, including knowledge and education, which enhance the pleasure and friendliness of stamp collecting
- Initiate and coordinate new programs for the benefit of stamp collecting and of all collectors
- Represent the United States of America in the world body of philately, and
- Assist its members in acquiring and disposing of philatelic materials.
- Quick ID
- Mail Sales
- Stamp Authentication
- Research Library
- Estate Advice
- Young Philatelists