1992 – Durham County Cricket Club Tour
Durham County Cricket Club Tour
3-24 February 1992
Durham County Cricket Club (rebranded as Durham Cricket in February 2019) is one of eighteen first-class county clubs within the domestic cricket structure of England and Wales. It represents the historic county of Durham.
Founded in 1882, Durham held minor status for over a century and was a prominent member of the Minor Counties Championship, winning the competition seven times. In 1992, the club joined the County Championship and the team was elevated to senior status as an official first-class team. Durham has been classified as an occasional List A team from 1964, then as a full List A team from 1992; and as a senior Twenty20 team since the format’s introduction in 2003.
During the 1991/1992 season the club undertook a tour of Zimbabwe.
- 3 Feb – Zimbabwe vs Durham – Harare South County Club
- 4 Feb – Zimbabwe vs Durham – Alexandra Sports Club
- 8 Feb – Zimbabwe Country Districts vs Durham – Harare South County Club
- 9 Feb – Zimbabwe XI vs Durham – Harare Sports Club
- 11 Feb – Manicaland Select XI vs Durham – Mutare Sports Club
- 23 Feb – Zimbabwe XI vs Durham – Bulawayo Athletics Club
- 24 Feb – Zimbabwe XI vs Durham – Bulawayo Athletics Club
A limited edition cover was produced in a batch of 40 to commemorate the event.